Optoma NuForce BE6i review
For the longest time, listening to music through Bluetooth headphones was not popular with most people thanks to the poor quality of sound offered by a majority of the Bluetooth devices. However, in recent times, sound streamed via Bluetooth has improved tremendously. One device that has led to people appreciating the wireless technology is Optoma’s NuForce BE6i wireless in-ear headphones.
- Sweat proof: IPX5 water resistance ensures you're ready for marathons, workouts, intense training sessions, hiking or snow activities without letting rain, snow, Mud or sweat INTERRUPT your playlist
- Audiophile-quality sound: graphene-coated drivers deliver crystal clear, audiophile sound while AAC and apt support maximize Audio quality for both Apple and Android devices
- 10 hours of non-stop listening: incredible battery life ensures 10 hours of music playback for non-stop music that endures your training and workouts
- Charge quickly: forget to charge? A quick 15-minute charge provides 2 hours of listening time
- Comfortable fit: SPINFIT twin blade ear tips provide maximum comfort, stability and secure fit while interchangeable silicone ear tips and ear wings personalize the fit even further
- Frequency response - 20Hz - 20kHz
- Audiophile-Quality Sound: The Optoma NuForce BE Free5 earbuds utilize the latest AAC for both Apple and Android Oreo devices to provide high quality audio. Featuring dynamic graphene drivers, these earbuds deliver a warm and crisp audio experience with deep bass.
- Data-Driven Design: Optoma NuForce leveraged third party analysis of over 1,000 ears to optimally design the most secure and comfortable fitting earbuds. Their sleek enclosures are ergonomically designed with weight balance closer to a user’s ear, resulting in a more secure fit. They also come with SpinFit 360-degree rotation ear tips in two different shapes and multiple sizes to ensure a great fit.
- Long-Lasting Battery: Optoma NuForce BE Free5 deliver long-lasting battery life: users can listen to four hours of continuous sound with up to three extra full charges with its portable charging case, for a total of 16 hours of listening time.
- Easy-to-Use Controls: The earbuds are equipped with built-in CVC noise-canceling microphone for calls, and buttons on top of the earpieces to control volume, activate Siri, Google Assistant and to play, pause and skip songs.
- For Any Environment: Built to accommodate multiple activities and environments, the Optoma NuForce BE Free5 earbuds have an IPX5 rating, are sweat proof, water and weather resistant, ensuring coverage in all terrains and environments.
- BEST SOUND QUALITY from Apple devices: supporting AAC ensures maximum Audio quality and iPhone, iPad, Apple watch and Mac connectivity
- Frequency response - 20Hz – 20,000Hz
- MIND-BLOWING SOUND QUALITY: The BE Free8 earbuds feature dynamic drivers with NuForce proprietary Sonic coating, and are compatible with both AAC and aptX LL to provide high fidelity audio to any device including iPhone and Android as well as PCs and Macs.
- MORE LISTENING TIME: BE Free8 users can enjoy up to 4 hours of continuous, uninterrupted music, videos, games and phone calls, and an extra three full charges – in total 16 hours of listening time with its portable charging case.
- COMFORTABLE AND ELEGANT DESIGN: These ergonomically designed earbuds come with SpinFit 360-degree rotation ear tips that provide a secure and comfortable fit. The SpinFit ear tips are exclusively designed for the BE Free8 and come in multiple sizes and shapes.
- NO MORY SPOTTY CONNECTIONS: Unlike most truly wireless earphones, NuForce BE Free8 leverages NFMI (Near-Field Magnetic Induction) to maintain a reliable connection between the two earpieces. Carefully engineered antenna placement enables a reliable Bluetooth range of 33 feet or more.
- DURABLE AND SWEAT PROOF: With IPX5 rating, the BE Free8 are water and weather resistant, ensuring protection from rain and sweat – ideal for an active lifestyle and sports.
- Three Latest Hi-Resolution Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers For An Immersive Performance.
- Frequency Response - 18Hz - 40,000Hz
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Package Dimensions: 19.05 L X 5.842 H X 11.43 W (Centimeters)
- Frequency response - 20Hz - 40,000Hz
- BEST SOUND QUALITY from Apple devices: supporting AAC ensures maximum Audio quality and iPhone, iPad, Apple watch and Mac connectivity. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Frequency response - 20Hz – 20,000Hz
- TWO LATEST Hi-Resolution Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers for an immersive performance.
- Frequency response - 18Hz - 40,000kHz
- FOUR LATEST Hi-Resolution Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers for an immersive performance.
- Frequency response - 10Hz - 40,000Hz
The headphones have proven to be an affordable way of listening to good quality music. They’re well positioned price wise. Not cheap,but far from the most expensive on the market but at a level where you would expect very good quality audio and I think it’s fair to say the Nuforces provide. The good quality of music is attributable to the headphones support of the AptX codec.
In addition to that, they were also made to have a balanced sound signature. This makes them great for listening to all genres of music as they have a controlled bass consequently improving the clarity of the music.
The quality of sound being the main selling point of the device, the manufacturers of the device also included in the BE6i a larger 10mm driver. The feature ensures that sound from the headphones does not have any reverb. This is particularly useful in calls because they are often prone to echoes.
What are they like for working out with?
The beauty of the Optoma’s NuForce BE6i wireless in-ear headphones is not only in its ability to produce good quality sound, but also in its dawning features that make them a great companion while working out. It is a recommendation for those that workout, especially joggers, to opt for accessories that are light in weight and the BE6i fits the profile.
The headphones weigh approximately 0.6 ounces making them the perfect companion. As a runner, you also need not worry about getting them wet when you sweat or hit the showers. The headphones were made to be water resistant boasting of a protection rating of IPX5.
They are, however, not to be exposed to dust. The X preceding the 5 in its protection rating means that the headphones do not have a certification for protection from dust.
While running with headphones in their ears, the joggers worry is not only the sweat from their ears but also the probability of the headphones falling off. The constant jumping is more than likely to cause the earpieces to fall off. To counter this, the BE6i earpieces have been fitted with silicon ear wings that help keep the earpieces in place.
The BE6i popularity is also attributable to its easy to understand multi-function buttons that make the gadget quite easy to operate. To lower or raise the volume all you need to do is briefly press the bottom or top buttons respectively. Long pressing these buttons gets you to the next song on the track list on the paired device. The middle button pauses or plays the music after a brief press and switches the headphones off after a long press. These multi-function buttons are located on the ribbon cable that joins the earpieces. The cable is 23 inches long and is made out of rubber.
the headphones also come with Comfy foam tips and six pairs of silicone tips. The purpose of a large number of silicon tips is to increase the probability of users getting tips that fit. The comfort provided by the foam tips and having perfectly fitting silicone tips helps the user not feel any discomfort for having metal in their ears for long hours.
Perhaps the most innovative feature of the BE6i is the magnetic caps at the back of its earpieces. The caps allow the user to wrap the phones around the neck while not using them as compared to putting them in the pockets or bag. The technology also reduces tangling, a characteristic of most wired earphones.
The earpieces dawn an aluminum exterior. Other than making the earpieces look stylish, they also improve durability. The probability of the earpieces breaking when they fall is quite low. The durability of the headphones cut a users’ cost of repair significantly and eliminates the agony of having to buy new headphones in a short period of time.
The Optoma’s NuForce BE6i wireless in-ear headphones have also been manufactured to cater for those that love controlling gadgets through remote control. They come equipped with an in-line remote which gives the user the ability to perform certain functions through it, such as skipping tracks, activating a Bluetooth pairing mode, and engaging Google Voice or Siri. This feature gives the user the feeling of being in total control of the device.
Battery life and Connectivity
As a user of the Optoma’s NuForce BE6i wireless in-ear headphones, you do not need to worry about having the headphones on all day especially if you are not close to a power source. This is because they have the ability to play music or take calls for eight consecutive hours which is generally considered above average in the world of bluetooth headphones.
The biggest worry for most people that fancy Bluetooth headphones is the Bluetooth range. Their hope is that the headphones have the longest range possible to allow them to move freely without having to carry the paired device. The manufacturers of Optoma’s NuForce BE6i wireless in-ear headphones have strived to make this dream a reality by giving the BE6i’s a 100ft range, which is more than enough in practically any scenario.
In testing, without any barriers between the paired device and the headphones, the sound quality remains top-notch up to a distance of 80 feet. With barriers between the two, the range reduces to about forty feet. The beauty of the device is that it will let you know, via a female voice, that the connection has been terminated once you are out of range. As you get closer to the paired device, the connection automatically re-establishes itself.
The headphones are not selective regarding the type of device or brand they need to be paired with. The headphones’ only requirement is that the device that it is being paired with to have Bluetooth. This makes the headphones a good buy for anyone in the world no matter their make of their music device or phone.
It is everyone’s dream not to have to keep on switching connectivity between his or her music player and phone when using Bluetooth headphones. The BE6i makes this dream come true as it allows dual device connectivity. Now a user can comfortably pair their music device and phone to one headset. This allows them to continue listening to music when they are not on that very important call. The device works by automatically stopping the play of music when a call comes in and resuming play when one is done with the call.
Like any other device, the Optoma’s NuForce BE6i wireless in-ear headphones are not without their weaknesses. Perhaps their biggest downfall is their lack of a visual low battery warning. The only way for a user to know that the battery is low is through them being turned on so that the user can get to hear the warning. This calls for proper planning by the user in case they are travelling all day, and it is their obligation to ensure that they are properly charged to avoid any surprises.
In addition to lacking a visual low battery warning, their other weakness is their use of the last generation Android charger. In our today world, most devices use the standard USB making the chargers available for almost everyone. The BE6i use of the USB Type-C charger makes it compulsory for a user to carry along the specific headphone’s charger since they cannot use their phone charger to charge the device. This causes a lot of inconvenience on the part of the user, especially men, as it increases the number of items one has to carry along with them.
Lastly, probably a big disappointment for those that appreciate color is that the headphones do not have a vast range. They are mostly available in neutral colors with the most common being grey. Although color does not affect their performance, it surely does weigh down on its aesthetic value especially to those that do not appreciate dull colors.
Upon purchase of the headphones, they come equipped with a carrying pouch, charging cable, silicon ear wings, and cord management clip.
The BE6i proves to be a great purchase for the price tag. With the myriads of benefits it offers, it remains the favourite in-ear wireless headphone. The headphones are particularly a good buy for those that love to work out thanks to the features that make it withstand all the sweating associated with workouts and those that love good clear sound.
If you are in the market for a pair of in-ear headphones, you can’t go too far wrong with a pair of Optoma’s NuForce BE6i wireless in-ear headphones. Overall we were more than satisfied.
go back to our full workout earbuds guide