Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones
Bose SoundSport earbuds are the current No.1 in our favorite workout headphones list. One might argue that Bose are certainly not cheap, but I don’t think you will find many saying that they arn’t darn good value for money. The difference in sound quality when you slip a pair of bose in your ear compared to cheaper alternatives is palpable.
- Deep, clear sound enhanced by exclusive TriPort technology for crisp highs and natural-sounding lows
- Proprietary Stay Hear tips, in three sizes, conform to your ear's shape to stay comfortably in place all day
- Sweat- and weather-resistant; engineered and tested for lasting quality and durability
- Inline microphone and remote for easy switching between calls and music with select iPhone models
- Matching protective carrying case included
- Bluetooth Headset Sport in Ear Earphone Mini
- Ideal for iPhone, iPod and iPad.Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Advanced noise reduction rivaling any full sized headphone
- Aware mode for hearing what's around you while enjoying your music
- Notable audio performance from exclusive Bose technologies
- Long lasting comfort plus stability from proprietary Stay Hear+ tips
- Bose active EQ provides balanced audio at any volume
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- Exclusive Stay Hear+ tips keep the headphones comfortably in place during workouts
- Sweat and weather resistance for reliability while exercising
- Micro USB for charging sound sport wireless or sound sport Pulse wireless headphones on the go
- Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ears
- TRULY wireless Sport headphones for total freedom of movement, packed full of technology that makes music sound clear and powerful
- Earbuds are sweat and weather resistant (with an Ipx4 rating) and come with 3 different pairs of Stay hear and Sport tips (in sizes S/M/L) that provide a comfortable and secure fit
- Up to 5 hours of play time with each charge and an additional 10 hours with the included charging case and also features a charging time of 2 hours
- Track lost earbuds with the Bose connect App's "find My buds" feature
- Firmware update to improve Audio video synchronization for customers using iPhones, iPads and other Bluetooth devices that support AVDTP version 1.3 or later, available via connect app. Connectivity Technology: Wireless Bluetooth
- Ideal for iPod, iPhone and iPad. (For Apple Devices)
- Ideal for Samsung Galaxy and other select Samsung and Android devices. (For Android)
- Use noise cancelling to reduce surrounding distractions and focus on your music.
- Activate Aware mode to hear what’s happening around you. Charging time: 2 hours
- Exclusive TriPort technology delivers better sound.
- Breakthrough technology lets you control your own level of noise cancellation throughout your day
- Bluetooth and NFC pairing so you can connect to your devices wirelessly. Bluetooth range: 10 m
- Noise rejecting dual microphone system helps reduce the noise around you to deliver clearer calls
- Lightweight neckband design conforms to your body for all day comfort and wear ability
- Lithium ion battery lets you enjoy up to 10 hours of wireless listening per charge
These Bose SoundSport In-Ear headphones are very athletic looking. With a sporty, comfortable design, specifically designed for workouts, they stay firmly placed in the ear whilst also providing excellent quality sound, as you would expect from a pair of Bose.
As you can see in the photo above, they come in range of color choices and have a multicolor ribbon cord just to add to that sporty flair. With rounded C-shaped ear ‘wings’ that allow the headphones to sit loosely in your ears, as opposed to them being jammed into them uncomfortably – it really feels like they’re not even there.
The cord has an inline remote, which features a volume rocker and multifunction button for pausing your music and answering calls.
The Apple/iOS version with the remote has many colors available to choose from. The Android version has a more limited color selection, and the “audio only” version has the same color selection as the Andriod version. When Bose add more colors and accessories, you will find that the older colors are at a discounted price.
I like the fit of the earbud because I don’t like having headphones stuck all the way in my ears. Plus, the rounded C-shaped ear ‘wings’ make it easy to have a hard workout without always needing to adjust them if they slip out.
When you buy your Bose SoundSport headphones, they include three different sizes of ear tips. Keep in mind that these earbuds won’t seal your ear canal off. This means noise from the outside world will be heard, though, if you want to block noise from the gym, they are great. Along with the different sizes of ear tips, Bose also includes different sizes of wings to give you the best fit and comfort.
You will also receive a round, compact carrying case. It is easily clipped to the inside of your gym bag or pocket book with an attached carabiner.
Comfort & Fit And Audio Quality
These earbuds come with silicone tips – that sit in your ear canal – and have C-shaped wings, that set into the side of your ear. This will secure the earbuds, ensuring your workouts aren’t paused momentarily by having to put them back in your ear if they fall out.
The audio quality is excellent – everything you’d expect from Bose – but I feel the bass could have just a tiny bit more ‘oomph.’ – but thats just nitpicking. They do have good bass, but not quite up to the level of other Bose versions.
The Bottom Line
As I conclude my Bose SoundSport review, I do have to say that these headphones are very comfortable, and the sound quality is above average. What really makes these earbuds stand out as fantastic workout headphones, is that you really don’t notice they are there. Really lightweight, yet they stay put and provide well above average sound quality. Everything you would expect from a pair of gym headphones. – If you’re looking for a pair of headphones that are solely used for working out – then as things stand – these are the best around.